Bucket list trials events

pindie

I’ve slowly started getting back into trials. I’m now keen to have a bash at some local events but I’m wondering what bigger events are out there I should look at?

The Scott and Jocko 6 are two I’d really like to try at some point. I’ll only ever be clubman class at best. Happy to try anything though as long as it involves lots of riding!

Any others?

If you're not an expert or very good and fit clubman the 6 days is probably beyond you. Ditto scott, watch it first and make up your own mind.

Try the reeth 3 day first as that is less than half the trial (obvs).

Closer to you is the Long Mynd and a few others but any decent events up north will give you more than local.

2 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

If you're not an expert or very good and fit clubman the 6 days is probably beyond you. Ditto scott, watch it first and make up your own mind.

Try the reeth 3 day first as that is less than half the trial (obvs).

Closer to you is the Long Mynd and a few others but any decent events up north will give you more than local.

I tend to agree re the SSDT. It's a great event, but not the rideable clubman's holiday it used to be.

2 hours ago, cleanorbust said:

I tend to agree re the SSDT. It's a great event, but not the rideable clubman's holiday it used to be.

You must be older than you look Simon ? Hasn't been a Clubmans holiday for getting on for 40 years !

Manx 2 Day Trial - this year July 13/14. Proper Clubman National, daily 40 sections, approx 40 miles, different route each day. Finished off with presentation and beers on the Sunday night!

• Like 1

Agree reference the Manx and Longmynd. Reeth can be a hard 3 days at clubman level if the weather is against you, (same amount of sections as 4 days of the Scottish but obviously less miles) but in a stunning setting. That’s definitely a good gauge whether to consider the Scottish I reckon. I would love to ride Scotland but in all honesty it would be a week of dragging the bike through sections at best for me, and a long way to go not to finish. Still go and watch though. 

Gerald Simpson, Blue Bar and the Bemrose are all good shouts too. 

French 4 day is meant to be great too, but I’ve never ridden that one

21 hours ago, doogle said:

Agree reference the Manx and Longmynd. Reeth can be a hard 3 days at clubman level if the weather is against you, (same amount of sections as 4 days of the Scottish but obviously less miles) but in a stunning setting. That’s definitely a good gauge whether to consider the Scottish I reckon. I would love to ride Scotland but in all honesty it would be a week of dragging the bike through sections at best for me, and a long way to go not to finish. Still go and watch though. 

Gerald Simpson, Blue Bar and the Bemrose are all good shouts too. 

French 4 day is meant to be great too, but I’ve never ridden that one

French four day was very good but in more recent times has been swamped with brits, and ran as two loops rather than four, so half the sections per day.