B40 bsa otter prices

rusty nuts

1 hour ago, rusty nuts said:

Hi there I've been offerd a b40 bsa otter  fully rebuilt for 3 k  foster frame . Tiger cub hubs  complete engine rebuild new carb etc is this about the going price these days 

If its ready to trial sounds a good price. If it needs shocks, tyres, cables, bars, levers, ignition, forks etc - its expensive.

If you can just fill it with fuel,oil the chain and ride it this weekend,its a good price. If you make up a list of parts you need to build a bike how you want it,the price can be a bit of a shock.And you still have to build it - And shake it down.Very time consuming,rewarding if that's what you want to do. I'm part way through building a B44 engined B40WD as a trail bike.Two years in and about £4k and its still far from finished.Should be a cracking bike,but I rather wish I had just bought a running B44 Victor...

• Like 1

Yes this ones ready to go it's not the wd engine which is a shame but put I some decent cams which he said make it perorm better . The victor is a great green lane machine but even these are shooting up in price I see . Good luck with the project I know what you mean start buying parts gets out of control haha ?