beta zero help

guernseyrob

I have just saved a beta zero not sure if it's a 91 or a 90 but the bike is almost complete but I can't find a coil or cdi unit anywhere and this is all that's missing for me to make it complete before I start a ground up resto on it, any help or advice would be much appreciated thanks in advance rob

20190401_200915.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's a 1991, I had one way back. They were either 240cc or 260cc.

They weren't a bad bike back in the day, frame/tank was a bit unkind to your knackers if you got thrown forward and the water pump driveshaft wore/rusted up. Was a bugger to sort as there are lots seals and bearings for it and the cases need splitting to get at them all, as it picks up the drive from one side of the crankcases and goes right across the engine to the pump on the other.

Another weak area was the swinging arm pivots, the voids where the bearings and bushes fit were quite thin and brittle and tended to snap across the top of the voids.

As time wore on some of the other alloy parts got a bit brittle as well.

The original rear rim was a flanged DID, I seem to think the same rim was fitted to the earlier Montesa 315r's. (later 315r's had similar flanged rim, but milled out in the gaps between the spokes, not sure one of those would lace up)

Not sure if the Techno shared a CDi and coil with it, have you spoken with John Lampkin at Beta UK?