SHERCO 2004 FUEL TANK

steve1953

Hi I’m hoping, someone can shed a light on a problem I think a few of us have, I have a sherco 2004  250 trials, been standing for a few years, starts and runs fine, but the fuel tank has suffered from ethanol, very soft at the bottom of the tank, could someone please tell me would the 2006 tank fit this bike, if not can anyone shed light on what to do, other than get another bike. Excellent forum thank you.

Never heard of such going soft on them, although they may be thin and quite flexable, they were that way from new. Worst I have heard of from the ethanol is it may make the tanks expand and grow, making fitment difficult. In that case, remove to air out for a while.

What is the problem with it anyway?

Morning, my tank seems so soft and flexible the bottom near fuel tap looks to be thin ,this is new to me having bultacos there tanks are thick but still suffer from the ethanol leaking through ,i will carry on using the sherco thanks again.Steve