BETA 4T THROTTLE CABLE

lunesdale

Hi Folks,I've just got a jitsie  replacement throttle cable for my Beta 300 4T 2011.The cable I got was stated to be for  2009 to present,all nipples and adjusters are right but the inner cable has about 15mm more length coming  out of the outer than the old one and theres not enough adjustment to take the slack up ,anyone know if specific carbs require a specific cable ,my carbs a mikuni.

cheers.

8 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

There are two nipple positions on the quadrant on the carb. I had to change to the “other” when I fitted an Amal slow throttle.

Yea saw that .its on the right one,if I had it on  the other it would be even worse.

On 4/3/2019 at 10:12 PM, 4stroke said:

Do you have the Beta twist grip or Domino? I had problems when I fitted a slow action to mine.

In the 4t manual it talks of adjusting the throttle cable at the twistgrip and at the carb ,I only have adjustment at the carb and it actually doesnt show one on the parts illustrations  so was wondering if you have a  cable adjuster at the twistgrip.Cheers

Edited by lunesdale