Markws80

Flywheel weight 18/19 GB

Yes, removed the right side additional weight on a standard 18 250, slight but noticeable difference.

The remaining flywheel is still very substantial. I understand there is another weight on the other side, either on the clutch basket or primary drive. You need the new type remover, and a very strong torx bit to remove the weight, it also uses a red thread lock, which might of come off easier if heated.

Removed the flywheel weight off my 18 300 and still wasn’t happy. Was planning on removing the weight off the primary drive on gearbox side but didn’t get time before buying a gp gasser 

• Like 1

Is there a flywheel weight fitted as standard on earlier models ? I’ve got a 2016 300 ?

My 2014 250 has a weight on the ignition. Overall the engine has an awful lot of inertia: revs are very slow to drop away and up changes are very ponderous. But the throttle response is sharp without being insane, so it can’t be bad.