Gasgas txt 125 clutch dragging

Pete ML

Hi all, I recently purchased a gasgas txt 125 for my son. When I purchased the bike the clutch was stiff. I removed the plates cleaned lightly sanded and re-installed. Initially it seamed the problem was solved but after a hour or so of ring the clutch has started riding. I've tried adjust the adjustment screw but I cannot get the clutch to fully engage. I am considering changing the clutch plates but I thought if the clutch plates were too work the clutch would slip and not drag. Can anyone pleaee offer some advice? Many thanks Pete

hi,

folks more knowledgeable than me will be along soon.

They will ask if you have changed the oil.  they will ask what oil you are using.  they will quote an important dimension for the thickness of the clutch pack.  these are on the forums somewhere.

could you expand on the problem.  age of bike?  first you say it was stiff, which has one set of issues but later in the paragraph you say difficulty engaging?

• Like 1

On my wife's 2005 gasgas125, I actually had to bend the fingers to get the right height. The pack was in the right thickness range but still dragged. So I pulled the fingers and lightly tapped on each one until I got the recommended height. It has worked well for two or three years anyways. Has anyone else tried this?

For oil I've used the ford atf and change fairly frequently. Again, that has worked for several years and the clutch still works well.

Edited by bultaco82
afterthought about the oil