Scorpa TYS125F aftermarket header pipe?

Twinrider

I just picked up a 2004 TYS125F. The bike is in great nick overall, but the header pipe is pretty rusty from sitting outside. I'd like to replace it with a titanium aftermarket pipe. There are several choices in Japan where I am. One has a bigger diameter overall and a small expansion chamber. The other seems to be a similar diameter to the stock header with a small expansion chamber. Any recommendations on which would have the most suitable power characteristics for this small motor? The use is slow speed cross-training and trail riding. Some road riding as well to connect trails. Cheers.

45094026.jpg

pro-tys-titanpowercore.jpg

Hello S10, I've ridden a load of these over the years some with aftermarket pipes and modified silencers.

I really never noticed any difference other than some are bit louder.

You can't really clean the original up as it'll rust quickly so a nice shiny new one would be a good idea.

If you want more power better get a big bore kit say a 163 ,but I would just keep it stock unless you're planning on a competing.

Have fun, they're great bikes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, breagh said:

Hello S10, I've ridden a load of these over the years some with aftermarket pipes and modified silencers.

I really never noticed any difference other than some are bit louder.

You can't really clean the original up as it'll rust quickly so a nice shiny new one would be a good idea.

If you want more power better get a big bore kit say a 163 ,but I would just keep it stock unless you're planning on a competing.

Have fun, they're great bikes.

Thanks for the feedback. What I'm also wondering is whether the larger diameter of the two will have a negative impact on lower end torque. No plans to change the stock silencer, it's pretty loud as is.