fork assembly help

philcbr

Hi all, I need some help please with assembling the forks on my Beamish. It's been quite some time since I took them apart so my memory for the position of the parts is faint, The drawing of the forks on the Beamish owners club differs from mine so i'm uncertain as to the position of all the parts.

I'm hoping someone on this forum has pictures of the correct assembly for the parts in the picture I have attached. my main concern is for the position of the small springs on the damper rod.  Thanks in advance.  Phil.DSCF3355.thumb.JPG.56a800fb81e798801dd60e6db3abb151.JPG

Phil

Glad these were of use. They came from an old Beamish manual that I kept from when I used to own one myself many moons ago - in days when manuals were provided with new bikes. If you need any more info there are full parts descriptions and assembly drawings for the whole bike. I want to keep the manual, as I may buy a bike myself to refurb at some point - however I can easily scan and email information if you are struggling to find what you need. Maybe I should check out the owners club and see if this information is of interest to them.

• 11 months later...

On 4/11/2019 at 5:51 PM, philcbr said:

Hi all, I need some help please with assembling the forks on my Beamish. It's been quite some time since I took them apart so my memory for the position of the parts is faint, The drawing of the forks on the Beamish owners club differs from mine so i'm uncertain as to the position of all the parts.

I'm hoping someone on this forum has pictures of the correct assembly for the parts in the picture I have attached. my main concern is for the position of the small springs on the damper rod.  Thanks in advance.  Phil.DSCF3355.thumb.JPG.56a800fb81e798801dd60e6db3abb151.JPG

Much to clean to re assemble, put them in a show case and hang it in your living room.? You could try Just Bearings...involves a bit of looking through but usually very helpful. 

• 9 months later...
On 4/9/2020 at 1:06 PM, philcbr said:

Hi all, quick question, where do you get replacement fork wipers from? the ones I have pull out of the leg on rebound. :(

Many thanks.

Hi Phil,

Fork wipes for the Suzuki are no longer available but you can use an alternative if you can track one down.  Fork wipes are 35mm x 48mm Honda GB500. CB500 or CB750 part # 91254-434-003.

Hope that helps.

On 4/12/2019 at 11:07 AM, TRS Fan said:

Phil

Glad these were of use. They came from an old Beamish manual that I kept from when I used to own one myself many moons ago - in days when manuals were provided with new bikes. If you need any more info there are full parts descriptions and assembly drawings for the whole bike. I want to keep the manual, as I may buy a bike myself to refurb at some point - however I can easily scan and email information if you are struggling to find what you need. Maybe I should check out the owners club and see if this information is of interest to them.

Hi TRS Fan,

The pages you so very kindly scanned for Phil are from the Black Engine Beamish manual which is already online with the Beamish Owners Club http://www.beamishownersclub.com/pdf/BEWMall.pdf

• 2 years later...

Can anyone explain what the the two small springs in the Suzuki Beamish  forks do?  The bottom of the damper  rod is fixed and the valve [ ? ] at the top is retained in the top position by a circlip so there seems nothing will move to act on the springs which can then float up and down  on the damper rod, making them superfluous.  Or am I missing something???

1 hour ago, Dillo said:

Can anyone explain what the the two small springs in the Suzuki Beamish  forks do?  The bottom of the damper  rod is fixed and the valve [ ? ] at the top is retained in the top position by a circlip so there seems nothing will move to act on the springs which can then float up and down  on the damper rod, making them superfluous.  Or am I missing something???

Think about what happens as the forks extend. Those little springs cushion the end of the fork extension travel. They are important when riding up steep hills.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dillo said:

Short springs are usually for top out 👍 so it doesn't go 'thunk' when you pop a wheelie.

Edited by lemur