Newbie already broken bike!

CornishDes

Hi folks, a mate has been trying to get me into Trials so I had a first go this weekend in a field and going slowly around a tyre. We're both beginners, me more so. He's bought a ~2008 GasGas 280. To cut to the chase, my throttle control wasn't so good and when I stopped relying on the clutch I ended up chucking it in a hedge. We'll be looking for a 125 or easier 250 to learn on but in the short term, where's my best bet for sourcing a replacement used clutch cover? Managed to crack it! Thanks and hello, Des

I use TBB (Trials Bike Breakers) UK in Rossendale, Lancashire. Tel: 01706 210203

They do new and used spares, prices are reasonable and from experience they are pretty quick at getting stuff posted.... 

Just my opinion but make life easy for yourselves and start on 125's. When you are learning to ride trials and for most clubman level sections they are more than enough. 

Trying to learn on a 280 Gasser is the equivalent of a new road rider jumping straight on to a Honda Fire blade..... 

Good luck and hope you get the spares you need... 

Thanks for the responses both. I've contacted both of the above and whilst no joy just at the moment at least they know I'm looking. 

Yes, very aware we should start smaller so will be looking at what's out there. The 280 is clearly a bit of a beast, my mate just loves all things engines and got ahead of himself! I was OK until a more experienced rider was showing us we should be doing things without the clutch and I accidentally grabbed a handful!

The main thing is (as far as I know) you didn't hurt yourself. Trials can be a dangerous sport but with a smaller motor you normally have a bit more time to react. 

Hope you and your mate stick at it and have fun, it's a great sport and you get to meet some nice people. 

PS..... Trials UK up in Yorkshire are great for spares but mostly new stuff, just a thought if you can't source a s/h part...