Hi, looking for advise on buying an Alpina project

Lee halsall

Been reading back through the thread as well as a little internet research.  We intend to spend winters down in Spain, and we need a something for the bread / supermarket run plus something that might be good for a  ride out in the adjacent hills.. My head is telling me a little fourstroke 125 scooter ,  but my heart really fancies an Alpina.. I am quite used to Bultacos but could I get my wife on the back of it.. Shes quite up for a scooter...Thoughts....

The first models of Alpina (85 and 99) have a fairly short seat but the models after them are fine for two-up riding for two people depending on how big their bottoms are.

No Alpina is what you would call powerful but the 325cc and 350cc models have enough suitable pulling power for two-up riding.

I don't know what "shes quite up for a scooter" means

• Like 1

After thirty years of marriage....  anyway.. been looking on a couple of Spanish websites and a nice restored model 213 for sale... 3500 euros.. 1979 .. but do I really wanting to be trying to kick one of those over down the beach in my Jangles.... when you have a nice electric start scooter...this is the question...I would be looking to rent my villa out,  and trials riders might be tempted if I said they could use the Bulto in the garage....or even a scooter .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep Jangles are what your neighbours down under call flipflops... which as your just across the ditch, thought  you would get the gist.. I think if I had my flipflops and and thong on riding my Bultaco it might draw the wrong attention.. if you get my drift.....yep having to wear my Gaerne's to the beach might not be too practicle...Still tempted though...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, metisse said:

After speaking with my mother in law, you are of course correct....Jandals....we got there in the end.....whatever they are possibly not appropriate footwear to kick a Bultaco into life..

why not get both ? scooter for the shops/beach/wife and alpina for the numerous endless trails ?

• 1 year later...

The Alpina E-scooter is a high-tech scooter with an integrated electronic control system. The controls are operated by a touch screen and the battery is removable. The Alpina E-scooter is available in three models: the standard model, the S model and the T model.

The standard model has been developed for urban traffic on roads with speeds up to 40 km/h. The S model has two additional front wheel suspension units which provide extra stability at higher speeds (50 km/h). Finally, the T model offers greater safety for children and adults with less height than 1,40 m (4'11") thanks to its telescopic seat post.

In my opinion i would suggest that you go for it! 
Thanks again! :)