Battery hour meter for 2018 Beta Evo 200

Lefebvre

I got a free one with my Factory 300 not bothered putting it on it's a waste of time. I have a rough idea how many hours am putting on the bike and I work it from that and to be honest if you look after the bike plenty of oil changes it should run for at least a few years before it will need new rings etc. I know folk who never touched there bikes other than the normal stuff you need to change or replace like chain, sprockets etc etc

I really would not worry about keeping track of the hours used

• Like 2

I found it very useful for the oil changes. I would definitely not remember how often and how long I was on the bike (maybe a problem with the old age). My one sits on piece of metal (with hook & loop pad) with holes on the sides and plastic straps through & around the bars

• Thanks 1

Out of interest, how much run time do you think a normal club trial entails? I've fitted an hour meter so that I can keep track when practicing as that's when the hours can clock up. I was a bit surprised as to the time spent riding at a normal trial. 

1 hour ago, al_orange said:

Out of interest, how much run time do you think a normal club trial entails? I've fitted an hour meter so that I can keep track when practicing as that's when the hours can clock up. I was a bit surprised as to the time spent riding at a normal trial. 

The people I know who have hour meters have told me they clock less than 2 hours of running time in an event.  Which for our club is generally 3 loops of nine or ten sections or 4 loops of eight sections.

Right you are about practice and play riding having more running time.  One has said "I come up to your land to play ride and I get 3 hours of run time in a 6 hour visit."

• Like 2

Yep, mine read about 1.1 to 1.5 for a club trial. I took it off after the first couple as I thought it wasn't working. Then I put it back on where I could see it and it really is that little bike time for a novice. I don't sit there with the bike idling in the queue though. 

6 hours ago, al_orange said:

Yep, mine read about 1.1 to 1.5 for a club trial. I took it off after the first couple as I thought it wasn't working. Then I put it back on where I could see it and it really is that little bike time for a novice. I don't sit there with the bike idling in the queue though. 

Seems reasonable.  If an event has 30 sections, I would estimate 30-60 seconds to ride a section.  At 10 miles per hour, you spend about 18 minutes riding a mile loop 3 times.

• Like 1