Mont Ventoux Classic October 2019

metisse

2 hours ago, turbofurball said:

Do you have a source on that?  Definitely not the case around here (and I can't think of any reason why or how that would change) but it'd be useful to know where this is happening

Parks near Robregordo.

• 3 weeks later...

On 6/23/2019 at 4:56 PM, turbofurball said:

I guess because they have a few endangered species there (unlike here where it's mostly just ants)

Seems fair to me, don't want the last of something to get trodden on just because someone wanted to go for a jog!

Trails established by feet / cattle / bikes or whatever, act as fire breaks. Fire damage has increased apparently without paths, not good for wild life either ?

On 7/11/2019 at 1:22 PM, b40rt said:

Trails established by feet / cattle / bikes or whatever, act as fire breaks. Fire damage has increased apparently without paths, not good for wild life either ?

Sounds like they need some forestry management then!  There's been more fires than normal this year, and not all firebreaks are large enough for the conditions that modern weather can make, so this is a problem in many areas

Back to the Ventoux, another class has been added this year... Green.  This to bridge the gap between the easy yellow and the harder blue and the even harder big boys red. The green is usually good in as much it allows to ease the yellow and lift the blue,  so bear it in mind if your entering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not in a position to enter this year, but may be able to next - is it ok to enter Yellow and then complete some stages in the blue route?

Either way, it sounds like a nice system to encourage those who are trying to improve but can only do so gradually!

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

The sections are pretty spread out but there is a good semi artificle  section close to the Start / Parking.  There is usually two or three more within walking distance in different directions from the start also.

I would suggest a visit and its worth a detour just to see the lovely array of bikes on display which are all parked up each night.

H