Beta rev 3 2008 270 rear silencer

old trials fanatic

I have looked all over the Internet.  There is an Italian after market item on eBay but the cost (with shipping) is eye watering and I see no reason to imagine it will not wear out exactly the same.  New OE item is about 150 notes.

On eBay at the minute is a secondhand one with a carbon (presumably look like not real) wrapping.  The supplier doesn't list a carbon protector.  Again I have read the entire Internet looking for a carbon or other material guard to fit on the inside of the silencer.

This is the only thing I don't like about the bike and the only reason to move it on and get an Evo.  The missus has now taken over the Rev and likes it for where she is in her riding now.  The bike runs nice and does everything but at some point she will start bumping over big stuff and the silencer will be an issue again.

Mine is '05 250 and I think the can is probably not the right one (there are two lengths).  It wobbles a bit and doesn't fit well on the central box.  If it would hold in place then you would get a few mm clearance and it would probably be OK.  Also I am sure you could glue a stainless wrap on the existing can that would wear the tyre not the can (tyre is much cheaper...)

Shame.  These are good bikes and this is a p*** poor design.  Virtually every other component can be replaced and - if you want - upgraded.  I am sure that with time and money you could adapt a Gas Gas can to fit but by the time you have done all that you have bought a new bike.

• Like 1