Lower frame protection (the bit that gets hammered)

al_orange

Has anyone seen any protection that you can add to the bottom of the frame under and in front of the footpegs? My bike is about 10 hours old max, and it's got some hideous gouges in it already. The frame material is very soft. I want to keep this bike for a while and I'm genuinely worried they'll wear through over time!! Lol. 

Any ideas? 

We've got a couple rocky venues and it's more when picking your way through the rocks than going over them. The sides of the frame that aren't covered by the bash plate. They are quite chunky there compared to my previous beta. But yes, a stronger rear spring and better technique would help, I'm sure.

The dab ones look good in the picture but they are carbon look not carbon. Fair enough for the price but I think they will break quite easily,  I've broke the carbon look leg protectors from trick bits and I didn't hit it that hard.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

DAB ones, like any other ABS ones do break quite easily at the bottom. They are just ABS, & will stop rubbing. They do come in white though, which looks far better than the fake carbon that people seem to love. Cheap to replace. You can easily touch up the casting that seems to get whacked with a bit of white paint.    

• Like 1