Sherpa T 350, 159 model. What handlebars??

WJSmith

In Motion are the go here. I have 5 and a half inch Renthals on my 3 Sherpas but they also have black steel ones the same as the original Bultaco ones. The bend is basically the same as the Renthals. The Renthals come in either 5.5 and 6 inch height.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bullylover said:

In Motion are the go here. I have 5 and a half inch Renthals on my 3 Sherpas but they also have black steel ones the same as the original Bultaco ones. The bend is basically the same as the Renthals. The Renthals come in either 5.5 and 6 inch height.

Cheers ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, guys said:

I'm 180cm tall and went for the 6 inch Renthals for my 159.

Same height as myself, comfortable at that height? With the lower bars I always felt hunched over.

45 minutes ago, WJSmith said:

Same height as myself, comfortable at that height? With the lower bars I always felt hunched over.

Yes, very comfortable. It creates the same position as on my Montesa 300RR.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Original handlebars where made out of steel with an extra bar in the middle.

That was the standard set up for mostly all bikes back then and guess what these handlebars where not heavier the the aluminium bars of today I still have some steel ones from Bultaco, Italjet, Montesa and SWM (which was for the export bike model TL.NW yellow at the MK II from 1980).

• Like 2

The original bars for the 159 were about 8 inch rise as were virtually all of the bikes from that era, with no brace. The black braced bars came in about 1978/79 on the M198/199 I think

• Like 3