Oil levels

ENGLISHBANDIT

I have just picked up my beta evo 300 factory from a shop they sold it to me fully serviced. BUT. They are not a trials bike shop. Anyway I know it’s meant to take 550ml but will only put in around 500ml to allow for what will be left in the engine. The thing I want ask is the oil window is full and even if I lean the bike over I can not see the oil drop down. Now I might be wrong but should the oil fill the hole window or should it only be half way up the window as I think they have filled it to much. I will be dropping it out tomorrow anyway as I do not trust it’s been done right. Obviously I will find out tomorrow once I have dropped the oil out and checked how much is there. What I am asking is with the bike standing level should the oil fill the window. Or sit half way down so I can see the level which is what I think. Any info would be appreciated 

If the bike is brand new then Bikes come with the correct amount of oil filled at the factory 

So the dealer would not not need to alter this but  if a S/H bike yes could be an issue  

Edited by MIckyT

If bike was new I would not have asked, but thanks for your reply .All sorted now I did an oil change there was 50ml to much oil in it. Dropped it all out and re filled  it to just over half way in the window and it took 490ml. Least I know it’s right now, also took shock off and wheels re Greased everything and checked it all over. Very happy with the bike. Really is mint. Does not look like it has ever been trialled. I was told it had never been trialled. Was not a cheap evo for year but better than 18 plates I see listed so happy man. Thanks for info lads 

Edited by ENGLISHBANDIT