Oset 24r front sprocket

Hi all. Has anyone perhaps fitted an bigger ( 11T ) front sprocket to their 24? If so, was there a recognizable difference?  

Would like to lower the RPM on the motor slightly for the odd occasions when riding some MTB trials.

The idea is not to increase speed so much but rather have less stress on the motor when riding some downhill or level sections.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, as gwhy mentioned ,indeed a bigger front sprocket or smaller rear sprocket will actually put more stress on the motor/controller and battery. I had asked similar question for my boy 20R, dealer here had told me same thing, better no change or look help from the dealer which you bought this bike.

Thanks

Yes I realize trying to tamper with gear ratios ext will probobly just upset the balance.

This bike has suprized me though in how versatile and fun it can be. I believe it has a lot of potential to be more than just a trials bike. Would love to see Oset doing something similar to what Electric Motion did with their 'Escape' but by using the Oset 24 platform.

20190525_144706.jpg