TLR 200 Clutch

Preszo

I've been doing a little tidy up job on a TLR 200 engine out.... frame and some other parts powered coated, its all back together now however the clutch won't des-engage the only other thing that was done was a oil change with PJ1 10 40 could this be a problem?

Edited by Preszo
  • Like 1

Has it been a long time since you ran it last? The clutch plates could just be stuck. Several ways to try to cure it. Rocking it back and forth in gear. If you have a lot of room, ride it around for a while with the clutch pulled in. It should eventually give way. Sometimes a wheelie will help speed it up. Or buy a few gaskets and take it apart.

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/16/2019 at 5:19 AM, Preszo said:

Thanks for you input, after a few warm up and a ride the clutch started to work, now with loads of judder....:(

I have TLR250 but should be similar. I tried a good (expensive) motorcycle wet clutch friendly oil which resulted in a very grabby, juddery, noisy clutch. After contacting the previous owner and looking through the forums I changed to (cheap) Castrol GTX (20w50 I think) friction modified car engine oil and intsalled a clutch anti-judder kit. The improvement was huge, the clutch now works as it should.