Chapman- Bsa

jhsracing

I was speaking to Mick about this very subject yesterday after I spotted the one on Ebay.

He was saying that there were only 20 of these bikes produced, using the DT175 engine.

It was used to some sucess at club/centre level buy John Braithwaite.

Chapman-Tyrell Evesham is actually owned bu Mick Chapmans sister Sue and her partner Mark Tyrell.

I have no doubt that Sue would pass on any messages to Mick.

:( My good lady Anne had a BSA Chapman when she was a mere lass and really enjoyed riding up and down the slopes next to her home. Thank fully she gave up riding to became my ace minder.

I'll have a chat with the fathr in law and see what i can dig up for you.

• 2 months later...

I actually had one in about 1982/3 as i remember it had really nice gold wheels

The only problems i remember where it ate spark plugs and the throttle kept sticking wide open for no apparent reason

Also where it had been jacked up the steering tucked under quite easily

• 2 years later...

I was talking to a mate at a trial today who has got number 15. He was saying that Mick Chapman has been trying to buy it as he does not own one. His sister has one as mentioned previously. What sort of price do they go for? :banana2:

• 1 year later...

Any more leads on finding one of these for sale.

jh

I was talking to a mate at a trial today who has got number 15. He was saying that Mick Chapman has been trying to buy it as he does not own one. His sister has one as mentioned previously. What sort of price do they go for? :)

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
Does any body have any information on the 175 Chapman-BSA which was produced in a small batch, and used the Yamaha DT175mx engine.?Any help would be very much apricaiated, i know there where only around 25 made in total.

jh

Got one of these sat in the garage. Its about 1982 gold wheels, blue tank with Evesham motorcycle details, red frame. I think it is probably an early prototype. I don't really want to sell it but happy to share some photo's. I also have a sales flyer and I think I still have the log book somewhere.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...