Oil Brand

Ryder40BC

There's been interesting discussions regarding oil mix ratios for Vertigos. I'm interested in what brand of oils folks are running in their machines. I'm in North America where the recommended Rock Oil isn't readily available. I like Motul 710 although unsure if it can be run at .75%...

Thanks for any recommendations.

I don’t have a vertigo, but I found motul 710 worked better in my old Scorpa SY250. The 800 has a higher flashpoint and wasn’t self cleaning the spark plug. i switched to the 710 and no longer had the plugs frequently fouling up. I use 710 in my ‘15 Sherco and have had no problems, but maybe someone else will chime in and advise otherwise?

Thanks to all for the replies. I'm  looking at a 300 R model and was hoping I could use up a 4 liter jug of 710 rather than dumping more $$ on 800 or whatever folks or Vertigo feels protects the best. What bike do you have and ratio are you running the 710 at faussy? I believe the North American importers recommend ,75% or 130:1 ratio.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I run a full synthetic power valve two stroke oil for snowmobiles.  I run it at 128:1 (0.78% -- which is one ounce of oil to one US gallon of gas).  I live at 7,100' elevation, but ride higher and all the way down near sea level.  Never a fouled plug, I think I replaced it once since I bought my Ice Hell in Jan of 2017.   I both putt around and flog on it like a dirtbike in sand washes.   All good.

PS I run my air filters really well oiled.....

Edited by MarkBuckholz
typo

Changed over to a Vertical R two weeks ago. I asked the dealer what ratio was recommended, because I used 1:200 (0,5%) for the Ice Hell and because the main crank bearings are not lubricated by gear oil on the Vertical R (as opposed to the Ice Hell). The dealer called the factory and came back with 0,75%.

Edited by tcrhino

• 7 months later...