Bike 2.5 yrs with very little use...so what maintenance?

Johnny Reggie

21 hours ago, jimmyl said:

Hi - if you search the forums will be in more detail but basically I think its an emission thing or environment thing. If you dump the tank you can blanks off the hole in the air box which stops any excess oil gathering in ther.

Also the fan relay mounted below the Throttle Body can now be placed up out of harms way behind the head stock where the little tank came from.

I then put a small in line fuel filter on the end of the pipe from the engine to the now removed tank and again tuck up in the head stock. The tank and pipe to airbox can now be stored away until you sell the bike and present the new owner with a box of bits he is never going to use again either   ?

Worth getting one of the little button fuel cap breathers and dumping all the vents and pipes that come as standard - get the flush fit ones.

Honda genuine bits can be good value so don't be afraid to look there first. 315r bits are also common/interchangeable ie swing arm/linkage wheels etc 

Are those fuel cap breathers really waterproof?

I like that Steve0. Very neat, What's the glue? I've used some twin-air foam as temp measure but will be putting mesh on.

On the same thread Jimmyl was recommending some mods.... Done. I've stripped out the catch tank from under the headstock and deleted the return from said tank to the airbox, blanked the hole in the airbox. So now, I have the gearbox breather pipe draining behind the left side frame, sort of level with the footpegs, and cylinder head breather up to the headstock thro' in-line fuel filter. Don't know what I've achieved but it feels good ? Got rid of the fuel breather gubbins and have a flush button.

Got some S3 digit levers on as I broke a lever last week. Never had short levers so jury's still out. Geared down to 9/41, feels more like I'm riding the bike and not vice versa...

Out of the spare parts I've made a small octopus which I'm thinking will hang from the rear view mirror......rock and roll.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Johnny Reggie said:

Out of the spare parts I've made a small octopus which I'm thinking will hang from the rear view mirror......rock and roll.

Would that be an 8RT

glad you are having fun and enjoying the 4rt

• Haha 1