New to Trials - strip clean and learn!

Stevew250

Hi All, totally new to motorbike trials, rode MTB trials as a teenager. Purchased a 2006 TXT Pro 250 2 weeks ago and with no bike experience I am stripping cleaning and learning about my new toy!! I have enjoyed motorsport (tarmac rallying) both competing and spectating for many years and now.

First issue is horrid clutch drag so this weekend I learnt how to remove that. I've also ordered a slow response throttle whilst I learn to ride and some other service and essential bits!

I have attached a couple pics. Look forward to chatting soon.

Regards

Steve130798813_IMG-20190425-WA00092.thumb.jpeg.836cc9e616037b628c8ac9d3f68fd298.jpegMVIMG_20190505_120650.thumb.jpg.8bc102da42b7dcd96c3bf8f338116c99.jpg

Edited by Stevew250
Picture amend

Tidy looking bike, great for starting on. Since you are new to the sport you might be interested int the training couple of days at Keypitts in Ilfracoombe in August. http://www.torridge-districtmcc.co.uk/entryforms.htm

Great way to meet others and get some great tips. All levels catered for cant recommend it enough as a social trials event. 

Good luck with the bike and welcome to the world of trials.

9 hours ago, supersup said:

Tidy looking bike, great for starting on. Since you are new to the sport you might be interested int the training couple of days at Keypitts in Ilfracoombe in August. http://www.torridge-districtmcc.co.uk/entryforms.htm

Great way to meet others and get some great tips. All levels catered for cant recommend it enough as a social trials event. 

Good luck with the bike and welcome to the world of trials.

I will definitely sign up ... No secret I've not ridden any trials ever .. once the bike is as I want it ( maintenance turns out to have been very poor on it) I will enjoy learning from the start. 

Steve

• 5 weeks later...