Chain Adjuster Block

steve0

The std 315/4rt set up is very good. The snail cams are small and compact and less likely to be knocked on rocks  which can move the rear wheel and worst case take the chain off.

The big over size snail cams may look bling but may cost you a five or worse.

the csp ones look like a lighter weight version of the standard so probably you have the best set up already ??

• Like 1

I've seen those stops, or something similar, listed at Banyeres. H & D might know something about them.

It looks like they move the stop location for the cam detents half-way between the 2 standard locations. Sort of like a cam-stop half-link.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve0 said:

Thanks, more than happy with the cams its the "trick" stop thing i was after.

FYI: That stop uses both of the bolt positions at one time, so unless you want the larger cam so you can adjust in a lot more it will limit your ability to use the full range of adjustments.  

3 hours ago, jonnyc21 said:

FYI: That stop uses both of the bolt positions at one time, so unless you want the larger cam so you can adjust in a lot more it will limit your ability to use the full range of adjustments.  

The stop plate doesn't use both stop bolt positions, it uses the forward stop bolt and the "protector" bolt position. The protectors don't come on 3ED / 4ED models, but the threaded holes are there in the swingarm. If you tried to use the protector bolt hole as a cam stop hole, it wouldn't work. The axle would slide all the way forward and the cam wouldn't contact the stop bolt in the protector hole.

Look closely, what the plate does is creates a stop location half-way between the normal two stop locations.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sportsawyer said:

The stop plate doesn't use both stop bolt positions, it uses the forward stop bolt and the "protector" bolt position. The protectors don't come on 3ED / 4ED models, but the threaded holes are there in the swingarm. If you tried to use the protector bolt hole as a cam stop hole, it wouldn't work. The axle would slide all the way forward and the cam wouldn't contact the stop bolt in the protector hole.

Look closely, what the plate does is creates a stop location half-way between the normal two stop locations.

Sorry not sure what your talking about... even taking a second and third look what I see would require the APICO cam shown in the picture for that stop to work correctly.  I don't see where the CSP cam would work correctly through the whole range of the available swing-arm adjustment with the stop in question.   

Also, I am not talking about the protector bolt position... 

Edited by jonnyc21

6 hours ago, sportsawyer said:

I think if you're Toni Bou or Takahisa Fujinami, that's what you have.

Good catch...  your comment encouraged me to do a bit of looking and with what I can find, the only place I see that stop is on images of the factory bikes.  

On 5/22/2019 at 12:17 AM, sportsawyer said:

Spot on