Winning bikes

jonnyjibs

Jitsie have done a short video with Doug and his four SSDT winning bikes, mud’n all.

This got me thinking, what other winning bikes are still out there past or present? What’s the oldest, which bike has the most wins to it’s registration etc? Be it SSDT, nationals, internationals. How many are ridden and how many are in museums/private collections?

Before anyone lists their modern bike’s club trial victories for the last 5 years...... don’t! 

As soon as J D's Beta sells on Ebay he's of to Florida,

Vertigo must have breathed a sigh of relief when Dougie lost this year,wouldn't have got in the factory for old Vertigos.

Anyway this is no help .

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jonnyjibs said:

Jitsie have done a short video with Doug and his four SSDT winning bikes, mud’n all.

This got me thinking, what other winning bikes are still out there past or present? What’s the oldest, which bike has the most wins to it’s registration etc? Be it SSDT, nationals, internationals. How many are ridden and how many are in museums/private collections?

Before anyone lists their modern bike’s club trial victories for the last 5 years...... don’t! 

The answer to your question is -  nobody knows or can know.  Since, by and large, trials bikes no longer get registered (or maintain registration a few owners down the line once sold), very few machines have any verifiable provenance.  Where once an ace might have had a well known number they seem to get a new bike every six months now so it is very hard to say which exact bike did what.   The same applies to old "works"  numbers which were shuffled from bike to bike. 

Whilst many on here might be able to list reg numbers for Miller, Rathmell and others of that era I think we have, alas, lost a valuable part of trials history since.  Who could state the reg number of, as a random example, the bike Graham Jarvis rode to SSDT victory?  It's unlikely any photos captured what passed for a rear number plate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, b40rt said:

Most wins to a registration is not the same as most wins to a bike ......

..... that’s why I chose registration not bike.

I’m guessing that any bike still in existence which still has a registration on is the last incarnation of whatever “works” bike it was on?

1 hour ago, jonnyjibs said:

..... that’s why I chose registration not bike.

I’m guessing that any bike still in existence which still has a registration on is the last incarnation of whatever “works” bike it was on?

Ok, so gov123 and 786gon then, as they appear to be one and the same ....