Not strictly trials but help needed

winchman

My sons just bought a 1934 Royal Enfield, the cost of bits is killing him well the few we can find, as he is a humble apprentice. Its missing the Mag Dyno thing, only one we have seen is £300 and its not working so as its only for shows and wont be having much road use we are thinking of using a total loss battery powered system, has any one done this? 
We have seen a few on line but it would be good to talk to some one who has done it, we are even contemplating building one 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AoSJIdhsME&t=147s 
He just wants the bike together and running originality can wait until he can manufacture the parts he can't find..

Edited by winchman

Hitchcocks for parts uk lots of online parts can be found on the web from India  lots can be dun with an old Enfield 

262058625_enfield4.JPG.3bedbf8d6bd9cac04f16c7fa606fc5df.JPG

Uploaded Images

•  

enfield[4].JPG

52 kb · Done

•  
  •  

enfield[2].JPG

13 hours ago, brian0304 said:

Well he only needs the magneto ( the lower part of the mag-dyno combo )they are self generating and don’t need a battery. Either remove the lights or rig something up with bicycle led’s ? I have a twenties flat tanker without lights, I have used bicycle lights on the rare occasions that I think I’ll be riding late ( usually twilight coming home from the pub )

The problem is the correct chain driven mag is rare and the only one we have seen for sale is £300 and doesn't work, lights won't be an issue as it will only be ridden in the day.

7 hours ago, misscrabstick said:

If it's chain driven with a bit of engineering and ingenuity you could fit any old magneto as a stop gap, making a sprocket might be the expensive bit though.

Tha mag sprocket well we think it is was tied to the engine with a piece of string