Advice on age of this bike please.

Robaidh

1 minute ago, Robaidh said:

Also where is the vin number located? 

At the front of the headstock tube, you may have to turn the forks to the side to see. If that black paint is thick powder coating it may be covered

Edited by faussy

1 minute ago, faussy said:

At the front of the headstock tube, you may have to turn the forks to the side to see. If that black paint is thick powder coating it may be covered

Okay thanks. Here's hoping it's still legible. But with your initial response it's likely to be a 02. 

Cheers 

1 minute ago, Robaidh said:

Okay thanks. Here's hoping it's still legible. But with your initial response it's likely to be a 02. 

Cheers 

It all points to an 02 but i wouldn't worry too much 01-05 they only changed colours and stickers, MRS will know exactly what's compatible between the years

Edited by faussy

2 minutes ago, Robaidh said:

Ideal thanks. 

The original frame numbers where hard to see in the chrome so if there's any thickness of paint it will be impossible to see. If you want to wait i can send a picture tomorrow of where exactly it is on my 03 and you can scrape some of the paint off ?

Edited by faussy

5 minutes ago, faussy said:

The original frame numbers where hard to see in the chrome so if there's any thickness of paint it will be impossible to see. If you want to wait i can send a picture tomorrow of where exactly it is on my 03 and you can scrape some of the paint off ?

That would be great thanks. Ohh that would feel so wrong doing that lol 

On 5/23/2019 at 8:25 AM, Robaidh said:

He guys. 

A wee update. I got the bike. Absolutely love it. It needs a few wee jobs doing. Mainly tarting it up a little. Thanks for your help 

Sorry for the delay, here's the exact location on my 03 incase you decide to scrape the paint off and want to keep it to a minimum. I really wouldn't worry on the exact year however

IMG_20190529_133542.jpg

Edited by faussy

On 5/29/2019 at 1:37 PM, faussy said:

Sorry for the delay, here's the exact location on my 03 incase you decide to scrape the paint off and want to keep it to a minimum. I really wouldn't worry on the exact year however

IMG_20190529_133542.jpg

No worries that's Great. Thanks