Sherco 250 won't start cold

Martin21

I had this, took ages and loads of kicks to start , then it would run fine all day, turned out to be in line fuel filter. I think once it had a flow it was fine but wouldn't pull fuel through. It looked clean but I cut it open to see after fitting a new one and it was partially blocked. 2014 sherco 250 st

Assuming that fuel tap / carb filter / starter jet is not blocked.............Mine was difficult during the cold weather, so I tipped it right over to the the left for a few seconds to flood before kicking. That certainly helped.  If you still struggle, try a #70 to replace the #60. They are cheap and will get more fuel through.

I have found with my 2015 (still rear tank with fuel pump) that if it sits for a time and colder weather that it would be difficult to start but if I placed the fuel on reserve it starts 2nd kick. In the past if I didn't run it for a few weeks in Winter it would take 8-10 kicks but by doing this it is 2nd kick every time.