Martin21

Sherco 250 won't start cold

Hi I'm new on hear I'm just woundring if any of u could tell me why my bike won't start cold but will fine when warm cheers martin

I had this, took ages and loads of kicks to start , then it would run fine all day, turned out to be in line fuel filter. I think once it had a flow it was fine but wouldn't pull fuel through. It looked clean but I cut it open to see after fitting a new one and it was partially blocked. 2014 sherco 250 st

Assuming that fuel tap / carb filter / starter jet is not blocked.............Mine was difficult during the cold weather, so I tipped it right over to the the left for a few seconds to flood before kicking. That certainly helped.  If you still struggle, try a #70 to replace the #60. They are cheap and will get more fuel through.

Cheers for the replys took carb off cleaned it all with carb cleaner blew it out with compresser put it back on and seems to have done the trick up to now 😂 

I have found with my 2015 (still rear tank with fuel pump) that if it sits for a time and colder weather that it would be difficult to start but if I placed the fuel on reserve it starts 2nd kick. In the past if I didn't run it for a few weeks in Winter it would take 8-10 kicks but by doing this it is 2nd kick every time.