Where are all the Pursangs

Old man

Hi I have been searching the North West for a while for a Pursang and only see ones what have been restored.I was hoping should not take long was i so wrong.You can pick up Sherpas but not Motocross.Seen them for sale in Europe on line cheaper than hear some of them.Can not even find a Pursang engine to buy unless ship from states.Dont surppose any sellers left what sell Pursang bikes or engines in the North.Just had surgery on both eyes so can not run about.Checked HH classic they have none did bid on a Pursang a mark 12 ages ago they said bid 50 quid as in bits i thought staff after it so bid 900 should have bid 1500 .Checked some other sites but need to be well off to buy  If you hear anyone selling please message as got cash and wont buy any other motocross its Pursang or nothing as only got Pursang parts  Thanks   

One or two on T'interweb at the moment. One particularly hungry gent is trying to almost double his money !!!. (that is fact). Another with a bit of provenance also up for very strong money. So all of the very average ones are jumping on the bandwagon.  Restoration parts are quite affordable & plentiful, so don't why should they be so expensive. I have a 360, & know of a mint Mk7 360, restored to race with Twin spark ignition / Mikuni / good shocks, gears that work, etc, which went for about 3.5 k last year. About half a dozen of more went through the Bonhams sale at Stafford recently & I don't think they were too dear. Quite a lot of variable quality restorations about, so you may have to go down the American import route. Don't know much about the Euro side of things, but there must be plenty still knocking about in Spain. Stay away from the later models, as they had began to lose the plot by then, but you probably already know that.  

Hi thanks unfortunately not had to relearn i forgot through time went back to books ,manuels ,web and this site helped me a lot.Anyway Foolishly i was holding out hoping Brexit would happen and with so much gloom and doom on TV when we leave i should be able to pick up a few cheap Pursangs.Did i get that wrong and with price hike on Bultaco even worse off.There is one on E site a Frontera as seller sent me pictures a few months ago but to expensive at the time.I thought i could find a few Pursang engines for one of my exhausts but sadly not.Was going to try and see if could swap a 199A in bits for a Pursang project as it is in crates but never bothered as got cash just not enough for a rebuilt Pursang.So will keep looking for engines and full bikes to buy

16 minutes ago, Old man said:

Hi Thank you i have a add on this site Petrol bikes for sale he could message me on that.

Will do I have messaged him to start the ball rolling and get a price.

• 2 weeks later...

theres one on ebay now for 1200 he says he will courier for extra which will be about 120 , its a matching nos mk 6 , your spare 175 motor will drop straight in , don't think you will find one much cheaper . a good runner ready to go is worth 2 to 2500 all day long , all the pursangs at Stafford went for at least 1500 plus premium apart from a mk 10 without wheels in bits and a mk12 for about 900 plus premium. mk7, 8 and 12 seem to command the best prices

Hi thanks for heads up already spoke to bloke wants 200 for delivery as he is coming from Ireland so total 1400 and that is even if he has the correct exhaust no one seen it.Talking to a seller he has a Pursang 200 mark 6 just missing proper seat and air box but it's matching numbers so going to see if can do a deal as am hoping my 175 is close for spare parts but have no Manuel parts list if not just keep looking I have a mark 5 frame and buying parts for it when see them come up.

• Like 1