Help with Identifying Sherpa

4um

Hi,  I have seen for sale locally a Sherpa  listed simply as "Sherpa 350 Classic".  It would be nice to be able to identify the model before going to take a look.

The rear seat tube (or lack of), has confused me a bit.  Here's a couple of photos and thanks for any help, Ian.

image.png.cb5e57c2a02ea379488acf9082d9914b.png

image.png.5f3c6c575e660ebcc4a4bd3954c70dbc.png

Best regards,

Ian

I`m not sure but the frame looks like it might be a Sammy Miller frame. The engine number will tell you which model engine it is. If it isn`t a Highboy frame then it has been modified a lot. The airbox is a 76 to early 78 one. Models M158/9, M182/3 and a M190/1.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, bullylover said:

I`m not sure but the frame looks like it might be a Sammy Miller frame. The engine number will tell you which model engine it is. If it isn`t a Highboy frame then it has been modified a lot. The airbox is a 76 to early 78 one. Models M158/9, M182/3 and a M190/1.

Thanks bullylover, I'll try to do a bit more homework.

• Like 1

I’ll try to take a look at the weekend but I think the photos do look good. The only frames that I can find without the rear seat tube are the Comerfords ones but I don’t think it’s one of those either?  I don’t know much at all about Bultacos but hopefully I’ll be learning soon. 

• Like 1

That's an interesting frame and a nice looking bike overall. Anyone notice the upside down chain tensioner block, wonder if that's deliberate or not?

Note top triple clamp also.

Edited by fourex
Triple clamp just noted.
  • Like 1

Just a quick update to say that the bike has been sold before I could get to it, so I guess I won't ever find out the true identity.  Shame, I quite fancied that but I couldn't commit without seeing it.

Thanks for all the input, Ian