Newbie to Trials - Fantic TX250

Glenn7

Hi there

Mr brother recently brought me 1978 Fantic TX250 for my 40th birthday. We used to ride them with our cousins in the Italian Alps 30 years ago! So this was a bit of a childhood dream fulfilled really. 

The bike seems pretty solid, and in relatively good condition from what I can see. Although I am a newbie. Its certified as totally original condition with original parts etc + It runs well too.

Other than the gearbox leaking some fluid (looks like a gasket), which I'm trying to suss out, its a well loved birthday present and little project. To hopefully restore, a bit more in time too.

Anyway, good to meet you all and any help and advise would be greatly appreciated

All the best

Glenn

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATExAGM4OAAtZGU5OC04ZGI0LTAwAi0wMAoARgAAA1mpsPNGbiJCo6ld%2FhGgiDwHAEiA9zyYGzZNgzVLIl2LvQgAAAIBDAAAAEiA9zyYGzZNgzVLIl2LvQgAAp3TDkYAAAABEgAQANC6akhvQBBAucDXIL90FnA%3D&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=2019052002.02&isc=1&X-OWA-CANARY=NI4orFuX_UaK0ARQ2gTHLCBxjQDf5NYYT_4_JeWIeWUfcEG-ANagn2SoGoxHux3EeG7JI2sV3hA.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.eyJ2ZXIiOiJFeGNoYW5nZS5DYWxsYmFjay5WMSIsImFwcGN0eHNlbmRlciI6Ik93YURvd25sb2FkQDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSIsImFwcGN0eCI6IntcIm1zZXhjaHByb3RcIjpcIm93YVwiLFwicHJpbWFyeXNpZFwiOlwiUy0xLTI4MjctNzI4NDAtMzczNDUzOTcwMFwiLFwicHVpZFwiOlwiMzEyODQ5MTUyMzgwMzQwXCIsXCJvaWRcIjpcIjAwMDExYzg4LWRlOTgtOGRiNC0wMDAwLTAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMFwiLFwic2NvcGVcIjpcIk93YURvd25sb2FkXCJ9IiwibmJmIjoxNTU5MjA3NDEzLCJleHAiOjE1NTkyMDgwMTMsImlzcyI6IjAwMDAwMDAyLTAwMDAtMGZmMS1jZTAwLTAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMEA4NGRmOWU3Zi1lOWY2LTQwYWYtYjQzNS1hYWFhYWFhYWFhYWEiLCJhdWQiOiIwMDAwMDAwMi0wMDAwLTBmZjEtY2UwMC0wMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAvYXR0YWNobWVudC5vdXRsb29rLmxpdmUubmV0QDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSJ9.oyHWetdEQCFCGT9_Z7ldUoW24tg7viQVEsVDKrDJ4PmoVlgyzMyRPf1Cv5vVLwMTlX_1cRvBG-FHtHM2BylnD1efSbfUkt1fRV9Dr2gPHFnOWVcTbQpneJiLQKoaYdzgqgX-lacNmUR79cochZbjkGwxsgtnGg5TLPnlrvNr7V8cb1nebEjlwAvehUNb-6E6o-OvFeVtO9zN0IoihW15f_P58zerIHJXRhw_Kh0vkLjyhCC9NxnyaPZnIt3H_m0lIXBOeZ6RXywskpvQYsGgb9NLm6N1XmARAv0tSr0TmB_MgP_hDhR_jG9BnEKskDXikuyVMfgdQWrV5HZKP6CJOg&animation=true

Thanks for the advice, I've managed to get in touch with Bill and he's very helpful.

I've taken the skid plate off the bike and cleaned it all up. And I do believe it's the right hand gasket leaking in one spot from what I can see. 

As I said I'm a total beginner but I've got to start somewhere. I'll be on YouTube on how how to replace the gasket. 

If there's any helpful do's and don'ts at this stage, they'll be welcome 

Thanks again