2016 factory sherco st 250

144hound

Hi Guys,

Just picked up a 2016 250 as a upgrade from my previous 06 bike. Been looking for threads on here but can't find too much.

Are there any little mods I should be doing or things to watch out for on this year/type bike? 

The air filter is unusually fiddly and awkward to remove/refit.  Helps if you have very small hands.

You cannot easily check the radiator coolant level, without first removing the airbox and tank.  However, when you check the coolant level, roughen up the edges of the filler plug, so you can grip it with your fingers next time.  Reassemble. 

Next time you want to check the coolant level, release the 3 radiator holding screws and wedge the radiator back as far as it will easily go.  Then use a shortened allen key to loosen the filler plug.  Use your fingertips to unscrew completely.  Next. use a hypodermic syringe with a piece of flexible plastic tube on the end to check the coolant level and add if necessary. (I use a piece of heat shrink-fit cable shroud).