1992 Beta Zero 260 Jordi Tarres Signature Model

robertaccio

Trials Central crew,

I will be participating in the Bernie Schreiber Experience in early August at Moto Ventures SoCal

Any information concerning my vintage model will be appreciated. 

Mine has an alloy muffler not the OEM Acerbis plastic one

Mine has a Mikuni carburetor on it also

Forks have been rebuilt from originals and another pair from ebay by Crow Performance Suspension SoCal

shock is stock (I freakin weigh 210)

I have eliminated the thermal fan switch and the fan is now manual on a handlebar switch

I added fat pegs

Set up tips? sag preload etc?

Tires are 7psi F 5psi R

Its got new Boyesen standard reeds, they felt very flexible, the OEM ones were very stiff any suggestions?

• Like 2

I’m pretty sure that what Bernie will be starting with is basics that will improve your riding no matter how your bike is set up. At 210 you could do with heavier springs but in reality the bike is 25+ years old and technology has moved on so just adjust it to where you’re happy and ride the snot out of it and enjoy it until you can upgrade to a newer bike.

• Like 2

I'm a 50+ expert (A) enduro/XC racer...….as for Trials...probably a NOV level. Ive been watching the 92 WTC events and my 92 far exceeds anything in my capability  

Hey anyone what's a good non-oring most narrow of chains for my bike (520). A good Trials chain choice.  It looks like the OEM chain (Regina) is the one on the bike but at the same time its chafing on my brake pedal and it appears wide on the sprockets.

Looks like only Regina makes a trials specific narrow 520 non sealed chain. the 135 EBXL  anyone else have anything?

Edited by robertaccio

You know my default answer Rob.... Check with Mike at the Tryals Shop.   On my '18 Scorpa, I'd probably go with the OEM Regina Trials chain from RYP. Sherco/Scorpa bikes run a half link chain from the factory.

• Like 1