Beta Evo 250 Boyeson Carbon Tech reeds carb tuning

harryharls

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else here has installed the Carbon Tech reeds to their Evo 250? I've installed a set but haven't had chance to test yet other than with the bike stationary. In the paperwork supplied with the new reeds it suggests that jetting/tuning may need to be altered. My bike is all standard in terms of idle jet/main jet/needle/needle position. I've spent loads of time in the past messing about with carb settings on various 2 stroke bikes and it's always a tedious and often frustrating process! If anyone has any experience of these reeds and can recommend settings it would be fantastic and a big time and hassle saver! It may be that the air screw just needs adjuting slightly or it may need a leaner or richer pilot jet or different needle position etc. etc.!

Thanks in advance

Fitted them to our last three EVO 300s, the performance seemed sharper, the bikes ran well and we did not have to change the jetting from standard.  A little air-screw adjustment  may be required as normal as hotter weather (maybe not the UK this year!) reduces the air density and makes it run richer.  

With the VForce reeds when I first started using them I’d pull the carb and “fine tune” the jetting only to end up exactly where I started out. Now I just bolt them in and go riding. Aside from a better primary case charge at low rpm there’s really not anything about carbon reeds that should affect the jetting. If your jetting is correct to start with it’s all good.