Dream bikes

OCD

15 minutes ago, johnsandywhite said:

Montesa Honda 300RR - It's the easiest bike I have had the pleasure of starting and not seizing it up when it gets dropped like the 2016 Sherco 300T and the 2017 Sherco Factory 300T:-

2.thumb.jpg.8ed4e21adfde935ae38269297ea2105a.jpg

Have you had a 4 stroke before the monty  ?

why a 4 stroke ?

On 6/8/2019 at 7:26 PM, OCD said:

Have you had a 4 stroke before the monty  ?

why a 4 stroke ?

No. Back in the 70s I had Ossa, Yamaha TY250A & B, Montesa 123, Bultaco 250 and 2 x Bultaco 350 (My favourites). Since I started 4 years ago, I have had a 2013 Gas Gas 250, 2013 Jotagas 300, 2016 Sherco 300, and a 2017 Sherco Factory 300.WHY? I seized the 2016 Sherco 300 and the 2017 Sherco Factory 300. My son kept insisting I would NOT seize up a Honda motor. So far I have not and had several situations where I would have done a 2 stroke. I did at first miss the fast action throttles I always had on the 2 strokes with the instant lift over obstacles. Having now had the 4 stroke since December last year, I have been learning the different technique to utilise what the power characteristics are. However, being in my 76th year, it takes time.

By the way, I almost bought a Vertigo Ice Hell 2 years ago after a test at Cloburn. I liked the balance and at the highest setting on the 300. Unfortunately, they didn't have any second hand ones at the time, so I bought the 2017 Sherco Factory 300.

Edited by johnsandywhite

If money was no object I think I would buy one of each and spend my days riding them until a favorite came to light... but for now I like to just dream about when that day comes.

I am however extremely happy with my ST250 as it is more than capable of anything I want it to do and very forgiving when I ask it to do something I don't want it to - LOL! 

• Haha 1

How about the new 2020 E Pure Race? It sports a proper hydraulic clutch (rev and dump etc), a variable inertia flywheel, 3 different and adjustable maps and a decent battery. 

Out this July 2019, about 9 grand in the UK.

Note picture comment!

437413753_Epure.thumb.png.cbab24a2122ca68fd83b537980d2b163.png

15 hours ago, micm said:

How about the new 2020 E Pure Race? It sports a proper hydraulic clutch (rev and dump etc), a variable inertia flywheel, 3 different and adjustable maps and a decent battery. 

Note picture comment!

Gaa! I was waiting for one of these (i.e. an electric bike with a proper clutch) but didn't see it coming so went for a TRS. That said, not sure I'd spend 9k on one but they are my dream bike - the ability to ride it pretty much anywhere out of sight is the big win for me. 

Edited by al_orange

On 6/10/2019 at 12:39 PM, michael_t said:

If money was no object I think I would buy one of each and spend my days riding them until a favorite came to light...

Well said!

I like riding a variety of bikes and strive to improve all to match the strengths of the best.   As  Paul Thede says about suspension, "The best you've ridden is the best you know."

On 6/10/2019 at 7:56 PM, micm said:

Note picture comment!

Would it be ok for a proper trial like say the Jack Wood ? or any other road based national ? For 9K it must be amazing .....

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/13/2019 at 11:22 PM, motorcycleemptyness said:

Would it be ok for a proper trial like say the Jack Wood ? or any other road based national ? For 9K it must be amazing .....

The UK importers are considering entering a decent rider on an E Pure Race (the hydraulic clutch version) is some Nationals. Battery life is said to be outstanding better than the recent 2019 model and that seemed to have a good range/duration. The power is increased as well. Like the cars the electric bikes seem costly compared to the petrol ones. Maybe leasing is the answer!