What bike to move up to next?

hevsy125

Hi everyone 

so Iv been on a beta evo 125 for quite a few years now and I’m looking to move on to a 250. I was thinking a beta 250 because I have been told it has the softest power delivery? But does anyone have any other suggestions? Like what is the the new trs like? Does it trump the beta? 

Hi,

I can't say I agree with the 2 previous posts, have ridden a TRS 250RR and 4RT and think the power delivery can be a bit sharp. 

If you are after soft power and want to stick with Beta then go for an Evo 200 (if you can find one). A lot of people I have talked to involved with trials quietly say its the best clubman bike money can buy. 

Whatever you decide on have fun! 

What's your reason for moving on to a 250?

The difference between the evo 125 and 250 is less than the capacity might make you expect, I can switch between them effortlessly and I'm crap.

Where are you located, can you scrounge a go on a few other bikes?

On 6/11/2019 at 4:02 PM, hevsy125 said:

Thanks guys 

I’m going to have a go on a trs and then a beta 200 (which I have heard is a great bike). The only thing about the 4rt is that it’s really quite heavy and big to handle 

I've had had the Beta EVO 300 4T and now have both a Montesa COTA 4RT260 and a Montesa COTA 300RR.  All are great bikes.  Plenty of power, and weight has not been an issue for me (but I'm relatively new to trials and limited to about 3' obstacles).

The Beta definitely feels lighter than both of the Montesa's to me.  I love the smooth power delivery and the easy starting of the 4 strokes.  Oil changes on the Beta are a snap - drain the oil, pull/clean screens, pull/replace filter (has it's own cover), refill oil.

Montesa is a little more work, but not really much.  Removing the skid plate and left side cover add a little work, but it's not difficult.

Ordered 2019 Beta Evo 200. Pleasantly surprised to see they are still stocked in warehouse in California. Normally, they are sold out of the current year Evo 200 models by early Spring. Hopefully the Beta Factory recognizes how easy of a Trials bike this displacement is and bumped up their Annual production numbers to reflect. Sad to sell my 2015 Evo 200, but I'm sure having a Brand New 200 with 6-month warranty will easily replace that void.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 10:53 AM, wheelieman14 said:

Ordered 2019 Beta Evo 200. Pleasantly surprised to see they are still stocked in warehouse in California. Normally, they are sold out of the current year Evo 200 models by early Spring. Hopefully the Beta Factory recognizes how easy of a Trials bike this displacement is and bumped up their Annual production numbers to reflect. Sad to sell my 2015 Evo 200, but I'm sure having a Brand New 200 with 6-month warranty will easily replace that void.

You will love it, Great bike, enjoy ?

• 7 months later...