Future of Gasgas

faussy

14 hours ago, heffergm said:

Nothing has changed regarding GG's importers, etc. in the last couple years. The fact that you can get product is great for you, but a sample size of 2 isn't statistically relevant. The US got no 19 GP's: if that's GG just not bothering, that's their choice obviously. The distances involved aren't really relevant when you have established means and modes of shipping... every other trials bike manufacturer manages it, and the cost is explicitly passed on to us anyway.

My point is and you seem to be either unaware or not understanding if the importer ordered them they would be there? If a decision not to send them was made at a higher level then thats got to be for a reason that uk has them and us doesnt? to project that onto somehow problems at the production end is clearly wrong as i have one, as do many others here , not just 2 near me.

Edited by nigel dabster
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, nhuskys said:

Gas Gas North America (GGNA) is solely owned subsidiary of Torrot. I believe it is the only Gas Gas Distributor directly owned. This has become the KTM Model for National Distributors, and Torrot decided to do it for the North America. So if Torrot is putting the brakes on... GGNA is going to feel it more directly the other independent importers.

1 and 1 makes 2 not 3 .

Torrot does not just sell gas gas trials bikes so if the number of trials is small it makes sense to have it in one place along with other products?

I would imagine its more to do with supply and demand as to why there are no gp's, someone might have said the racing is ok and left it at that?

It's rather irrelevant. If the people that really wanted GP's can't get them, they're going to buy something else that probably isn't a GG. I did. So whether the importer or GG itself is to blame, they're shooting themselves in the proverbial foot.

I'd mention that NA isn't quite as small a trials market as you might be thinking. As a percentage of total population, yes, it's tiny. But before GG's 2015 kerfuffle, they were selling 60+ bikes a year just in New England, which is about 2% of the entire country in terms of geographic area. I haven't a clue what their total sales were nation wide, but after 2015 in New England, it's been near nil (almost every previous GG owner is now on a TRS). And it's certainly not going to recover as things are going. 

Edited by heffergm
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, nigel dabster said:

1 and 1 makes 2 not 3 .

Torrot does not just sell gas gas trials bikes so if the number of trials is small it makes sense to have it in one place along with other products?

I would imagine its more to do with supply and demand as to why there are no gp's, someone might have said the racing is ok and left it at that?

Point is that Shirty at GGUK or any other independent importer makes their own decision about what they import, based on what's available.  GGNA is run by the Factory. The Factory decides what happens here, and they are in cutback mode......

Edited by nhuskys

1 hour ago, nigel dabster said:

If a decision not to send them was made at a higher level then thats got to be for a reason that uk has them and us doesnt? to project that onto somehow problems at the production end is clearly wrong as i have one, as do many others here , not just 2 near me.

Your logic is definitely flawed here. The factory wants to sell as many bikes as possible. There could be a few reasons the UK has them preferentially before the US. The fact any dealer whether they are in america or is is not able to obtain bikes is most likely due to production limits

Edited by faussy

"The committee and the management of Torrot-Gas Gas have reached an agreement on Wednesday to close the assembly lines of the Salt plant. It will not be effective until ratified by the workers' assembly. The pre-agreement includes reducing to 20 the dismissals -initially, 24 were foreseen- and offers compensation of 33 days per year worked with a cap of 12 monthly payments. Torrot-Gas Gas, which carries a debt of 23 million euros, submitted a regulatory file after suffering a sales decrease of more than 50% during the last year."              Well whatever the story with lack of GP models in the USA 23 million euros of debt and 50% decrease in sales won't be pleasing the bank manager!

I don't believe they are closing the assembly line. There have been photos on social media a few weeks ago of the assembly line making the Ranger enduro.

I have been rebuilding a friends 2013 TXT and he needs a new primary gear. The local dealer in Florida says he can't get one. His usual source is the former US GG parts importer and it seems GGNA doesn't have the part.

2 minutes ago, sectionone said:

I don't believe they are closing the assembly line. There have been photos on social media a few weeks ago of the assembly line making the Ranger enduro.

I have been rebuilding a friends 2013 TXT and he needs a new primary gear. The local dealer in Florida says he can't get one. His usual source is the former US GG parts importer and it seems GGNA doesn't have the part.

Then you should contact that former GG NA importer, because he still has a ton of spares and it's likely he'll have what you need.

Edited by heffergm

My friend called Trials Store USA, his usual parts supplier, and Andreas usually gets his parts from Jim Snell as first choice. From what I understand, Jim doesn't have them and my friend was told to call someone in Michigan. GGNA has a parts warehouse in South Dakota. I would think with their new brick and mortar dealership setup (no more garage dealers), parts would come from GGNA.

Big question: They will put Cabestany ridding electric bike only on these trialgp events or he will promote the bike from now?

For me, this will show if they trust about electric bike beeing an viable option on next years or if it is just a fashion.

Loris doesn't seem too happy at being dropped with no warning. Bit unfair seeing he is the reigning world champ and a lot more loyal to GG over the years than cabes ever was

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1