Future of Gasgas

faussy

Bruno Camozzi also answered to Loris. He isn't happy as well.

I wondered why the GP 2019 was not available until April 2019 here in Germany. In addition, I eventually wanted to buy one. But after reading the specs, I was disappointed. Now reading on top the News from Loris, I am not sure, if it would be a good choice to buy a new GasGas these days.

Canario

Edited by Canario

I contacted two USA GG dealers for a primary gear. Both said to call Jim Snell, the TRS importer. They want to give my money to a GG competitor or GG can't sell me the part? Jim doesn't have the part anyway.

Alex Niederer, the top GG sponsored rider in the US and his Trials store USA is the Nationals title sponsor, no longer has GG on his website.

I think cost cutting and unrealistic sales expectations could easily explain away colomer leaving. As for loris, I can't believe cabestany is anything less in cost for gas gas so it seems just a conspiracy theory.

Parts are readily available here in UK and with the USA situation somewhat different one gear not available, calling the previous stockist sounds fair, doesn't necessarily mean the end is nigh.

Edited by nigel dabster

https://www.diaridegirona.cat/economia/2019/06/19/gas-gas-prepara-ero-temporal/987459.html

Gas Gas prepares a temporary ERO for the entire staff

The electric motorcycle company wants to reduce the workday to its 122 workers to guarantee their viability

The owners of Torrot Gas Gas de Salt have informed the unions that they prepare a new employment regulation record (ERO) on a temporary basis, which will affect the entire staff , both at the factory and at the offices, with a total of 112 people The company communicated the decision to the unions on Monday and a meeting is scheduled for tomorrow to specify the details.

The direction of the firm intends to cut the length of the working day. With the ERO, activity in the Salt plant and in the rest of the departments, located in Mataró, would be maintained. The objective, as published by Expansión, is to continue to handle all the orders and the measure is designed to make the company more operational and to guarantee its viability.

Torrot is controlled by 62% for Black Toro Capital (BTC) and 38% by Iván Contreras, Chief Executive Officer and founder. The company is experiencing a delicate financial situation and is looking for a new injection of capital. In 2017, Torrot Electric Europe billed 40.3 million, 163% more than in 2016, but lost 3.49 million, which meant reducing red numbers by 26%.

The representatives of the workers received an alert already at the beginning of April. At the time, they were warned that Gas Gas had suffered a fall in sales that made it difficult to reach the targets set and came to present a proposal of ERO of extinction. The management of the Salt Motorcycle Factory offered compensation of 27 days per year for the 24 workers affected by the ERO of extinction. The company maintains that it can not reduce the number of layoffs, but it has been open to facilitate relocations and recruit those who now lose their jobs if production is increased. The committee, however, has rejected this plea in full.

It is not the first time Gas Gas is at risk. Gas Gas's saltenca company came to have the production stopped for a year and started again in the spring of 2016. The Torrot electric motorcycle maker acquired Gas Gas in November 2015. Of the three offers that is they presented, his was the highest; It offered 9.66 million to acquire the Salt brand and accompanied it with an investment of 13 million in three years to refloat it. In addition, he proposed subrogating contracts to 55 workers.

• Sad 1

If you want to keep up with Gas Gas viability news, bookmark the Gas Gas tags page.

https://www.diaridegirona.cat/tags/gas-gas.html

There will more updates about the negotiations with the union.

Todays news is the union fears the layoffs will last more than 6 months and workers are looking for new jobs since they might not be getting any pay after July 1 from what I understand of the Google translation.

4 hours ago, turbofurball said:

So, like BMW bought Land Rover, got their hands on the tech they wanted, and then sold them off again?  I guess it would make sense

It's more like BMW buying Husqvarna to enter the off road segment which looked lucrative, but wasn't. Gas Gas has also done what BMW did with Husqvarna.... it owns the North American distributor directly, and spent gobs of cash chasing the elusive and supposedly  giant USA Market to no avail for the last 3 years.

Edited by nhuskys
  • Like 2