Future of Gasgas

faussy

On 7/21/2019 at 11:46 AM, ChrisCH said:

Sadly I think it is a feature of electric motors that they whine like that.  I agree it is nearly as annoying as the idiots that spend all Sunday morning with a petrol strimmer.

I am sure we will get used to it in time.

I've been told the exact sound is often dictated by the controller, so it may well vary ... I seem to remember the early EMs had a pleasing non-whiny sound to them.

As for the strimmer comparison, they're far far quieter so you could always drown out the sound of the bike by playing a little music while you ride :P

• 3 weeks later...

On 7/16/2019 at 11:36 AM, ChrisCH said:

Plants do not breathe CO2 - I learned that at school when I was 12 as part of my O level biology.  Your misunderstanding of the difference between respiration (breathing is not respiration, plants do not breathe at all) and photosynthesis is excusable to some extent, but wrong nevertheless.

You need to retake that Olevel biology test, or sack your teacher! Plants DO breathe CO2, they even have mouths/pores, called stomata, taken from the greek for MOUTH 'stoma'. They are all over the surface of leaves. So get your facts right before correcting other people. As for your views on global warming, I'm not even going to try and remove your head from the sand its buried in.

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 1:12 PM, faussy said:

You need to retake that Olevel biology test, or sack your teacher! Plants DO breathe CO2, they even have mouths/pores, called stomata, taken from the greek for MOUTH 'stoma'. They are all over the surface of leaves. So get your facts right before correcting other people. As for your views on global warming, I'm not even going to try and remove your head from the sand its buried in.

Yeah, keep trying matey.  Epic fail.  Sorry - this is the wrong forum to do this.  Please stick to bikes.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/9/2019 at 7:04 PM, sectionone said:

I have a feeling that Torrot is going to take the TXT-E with them when they split with Gas Gas.

https://magazine.cyclenews.com/i/1151987-cycle-news-2019-issue-31-august-6/42?m4=

Reading the interview with Stefan Pierer in this week's issue I'd say the GG trials bikes will keep the motor they have until the point where trials goes electric (not far off in Pierer's opinion), while the enduro and motocross bikes will get motors by KTM.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

• 4 weeks later...

On 11/14/2019 at 3:48 AM, cbutler said:

It's going to be a red KTM don't kid yourself. GasGas offroad bikes will be assimilated  just like Husky or it will die like Husaberg??

Husky or husaberg didn't have a trials bike....

In the future I see a GasGas TXT and a GasGas tpi...

Or....GasGas enduro line will fade off. (Replaced by red ktm) And they will keep the trials line.

Best scenario will we see gasgas: With money to invest in trials improvement and better quality and an enduro bike to help dealers business profitable.

If KTM choose to sell an orange TXT it will be the dead for most gasgas dealers.