Future of Gasgas

faussy

That would mean they will not supply parts for the pre KTM models like they did with Husky. Their business model is to use the same components across their brands so it wouldn't make sense for them to support the Pro motor. Maybe they will use the Freeride motor as the starting point. I'd like them to use their 150 motor which is as light as the Pro. Bored out to 180cc it would be the bike for the masses.

• Sad 1

On 12/20/2019 at 4:24 AM, featsupppp said:

The video makes it sound like KTM will introduce a GasGas trials powered by KTM by model year 2021.   I think that's pretty exciting.  I want one now!

Does it? A new engine? why would they do that and how could they justify developmental costs vs. sales?

On 12/19/2019 at 11:24 PM, featsupppp said:

The video makes it sound like KTM will introduce a GasGas trials powered by KTM by model year 2021.   I think that's pretty exciting.  I want one now!

In the video he says the "off road" bikes will be based on the KTM platform.  I understood this to be Enduro and Motocross.  Whenever Trials is mentioned it is specifically called out as Trials.

• Like 2

Trials riding is more about the rider, especially for me. Getting a new machine is not that much of an issue. All makes need a variety of products to generate income. To give Gasgas credit they do have the electric. And I got the Contact. 

Edited by sherco70
More