modern bike poll

aevans692

What modern bike would you buy right now ?   

95 members have voted

1. 1. What modern bike would you buy right now ?

• Gas Gas
    • Montesa
    • Beta
    • TRS
    • Sherco
    • Scorpa
    • Ossa
    • Jotagas
    • Vertigo

(Montesa sell trials bikes, honda only in japan? They sell very few, and dont even have a proper dealer network in the uk, numbers in ssdt etc,the motor first appeared in 2005, update this year?)

If yamaha were to produce a bike it would be a 4 stroke? Probably yes.

So would people swap from 2t to 4t? Maybe a few but not that many, more likely 4t to 4t? Probably yes so not vast numbers.

Recently a Yamaha works bike came up for sale (only one) and didnt sell. If there was some demand one would sell wouldnt it?

If yamaha thought it might be worth a try they would have got a couple to compete in the entire WTC and test reaction/intrest? They havent.

The 4t scorpa with yamaha engine lasted how long in production? Not that long, and didnt sell in enough numbers.

What would this all translate to in worldwide sales? Difficult question but in all honesty probablyly not enough to warrant production? Certainly Yamaha think so and I agree.

As much as anything I or you dont know if it will ever make a production bike but as its been around for several years now, unlikely?

Perhaps you can constuct a more logical reasoning......

Edited by nigel dabster

36 minutes ago, s.e.lucas said:

4rt is sold through honda dealers in the usa. Still badged montesa. Always wondered a bit why they weren't branded as honda outside europe.

What difference does Europe make?  Honda is a global brand and well respected as a bike manufacturer.  Montesa is a bit like Ossa - a name from the past.

2 hours ago, s.e.lucas said:

4rt is sold through honda dealers in the usa. Still badged montesa. Always wondered a bit why they weren't branded as honda outside europe.

I wonder if it was a condition of the sale of Montesa to Honda to keep the brand or Honda just see it as a marketing avenue, I thought I read somewhere a while back that the Montesa name was dropped from the works bikes/team??   

Very happy with '16 Beta 300 (converted to near "Super Smooth"), as well as the '15 Beta Evo 200 (now for sale, to be replaced by '19 Beta Evo 200). My son at 26 years old, really likes riding the '16 Beta Evo 125 Factory. Funny how I hear about new potential Trials riders picking up a used GasGas TXT 280 Pro, and being turned off by how much power it has and how easy it is to get into trouble riding it. Quite a few 280cc modern trials bikes all seem to have a pretty strong "punch" that can be intimidating, unless you take the time to install a flywheel weight and install a smaller front sprocket.