Toni Bou finishes clean but has a 5!

Sventhvg

13 hours ago, jonnyc21 said:

Also remember that the standard rules in Japan are not the same as FIM and there is a good chance that even if they got FIM training the habit would be to score with at least an edge of typical Japanese scoring.  And they wouldn't even be doing it on purpose. 

The event will be held in accordance with the FIM Sporting Code together with relevant appendices, including other Codes and Regulations FIM. These Supplementary Regulations and any final instructions are approved by Race Direction and the FIM Stewards Panel.

-> Link

Canario

Edited by Canario

1 hour ago, heffergm said:

I'm a multi national, and most of the wars fought of any significance were fought before I was born, so I don't have a lot to work out for myself.

"wars of any significance " suggests you have not worked anything out for yourself ......

8 hours ago, suzuki250 said:

Make a note on the sheet next to the riders number, then inform the C-of-C or anyone running the trial! 

I do this and it's brought up unfortunately too regularly at riders briefings.

8 hours ago, heffergm said:

You guys are wound up tighter than a drum. Relax, you'll figure Brexit out... eventually.

Don't worry, parliamentary diplomacy is something we understand this side of the water

Edited by faussy

Here we go: first post on the forum, and I'm gonna get loads of crap for it ... anyway: I'm absolutely new to the sport but I was wondering:

Doesn't trials have like some sort of honor system (like golf) ? or is it truly like somebody mentioned: just trying to get away with stuff ?

Anyway: just curious ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dirkb said:

or is it truly like somebody mentioned: just trying to get away with stuff ?

100%. Most trials riders will go to the ends of the earth to dishonestly convince the observer that it was a clean. Once i rode a trial that they couldn't get enough observers so they left punches at the end cards for riders to mark themselves. There was so many riders on clean at the end it was ridiculous!

10 hours ago, dirkb said:

Here we go: first post on the forum, and I'm gonna get loads of crap for it ... anyway: I'm absolutely new to the sport but I was wondering:

Doesn't trials have like some sort of honor system (like golf) ? or is it truly like somebody mentioned: just trying to get away with stuff ?

Anyway: just curious ...

That would be an enormous step forward for the sport. Trials has been described as how much cheating you can get away with. Sad really.

To be fair to riders it's down to the observer to do the scoring, this isn't Bous fault at all.

However every Sunday at every trial someone kicks a rock while their mate talks to the observer, someone moves a flag , someone goes way beyond the reasonable limits of the section effectively challenging the observer to five them. 

Well ... I guess that explains it ... I know for sure I wouldn't feel good at all getting away with a dab or any other infraction I'm aware of ... but then again: I will never be competing at the same level as these guys (and the accompanying high stakes) ...

I'll be the fair play guy to start a trend :-)

• Like 4