Hi all,

bertie_bee

Hi All,

I am new to trials and new to this forum, so thought I would say hello.

I have got myself a 2017 Beta Evo 300 SS to learn on. It is a bit of a bugger tho, it doesn't like to start, is there a knack to this? I can literally stand on the kick start and it won't budge, and it take a few kicks and a bit of throttle to start it, any advice would be really great, my knee hurts from just starting it lol.

Looking forward to learning and getting back and riding in control.

Cheers

The Supersoft is a very forgiving bike and WONT pull your arms out, just keep to the easy stuff and you will soon explore the bikes capability.

The whole 250-300 thing is a hotly debated subject but to be fair its all in the wrist on any bike from a 125cc trials to a 1000cc R1, anything misbehaves if you over gas it.

Cheers, that was my thinking the supersoft it is bit more user friendly that I can learn with. I think it is not too difficult to ride with my limited off road experience, I have been toodling as slow as I can around logs, then over them, and trying to pull wheelies in control, thats going to take some work lol. 

I think it might be technique starting them, my old rs250 is so much easier to start, its a completely different kettle of fish, but its got 2 125cc pots, rather than 1 300cc pot. This beta takes quite a bit to kick it over from top, or maybe I need to get some muscles.... And I think it is really easy to flood.... is that right? Like anything it is just getting use to your bike I suppose.

You might find that standing alongside the bike and kicking with your right foot helps you get the power and leverage you need. I did this quite a lot with my Beta; there's nothing to say a left sided kick start must be kicked with the left foot.