Fantic 200 foot pegs.

Andy B

Evening all.

Do modern wide foot rests fit the standard Fantic hangers. I've just spent ages trying to find modern foot rest adverts that contain dimensions? Massive selection to chose from but no outside dimensions shown for the bracket end where the bolt slides through.

I don't really want to take a punt on £35.00 foot rests and find I have to modify the frame and hangers.

I'm afraid you will have to do a bit of work if you want to replace old school footpegs. Modern footpegs fit a standard mount & for the most part they can be interchanged, but  most older bikes are quite different . Modern footpeg Mount brackets can be bought quite reasonably for about £10, but will require welding on. This is usually done while relocating pegs to create a much better riding position. This invariably requires some form of flat plate to bring them down & back , plus a bit of re working of the brake pedal. Very common mod in the twinshock world & easily carried out by a competent fabricator,  preferably one who has got previous knowledge. Well worth doing if you are going to ride bike regularly. Maybe not so if you are looking for originality.  

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the replies folks. I'm an ex welder fabricator although it was 35 years ago! I was hoping I could find some modern wide ones that would just bolt in. I could make my own I suppose but custom ones may look nice but I'd have to make spares as well. When you bend one in the middle of a trial  etc!!!

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Andy,

Just seen your post and, as others have said, the standard modern foot peg does not fit in the original hanger.

The solution is the S3 hardrock pegs as these come with 2 aluminium washers which you use to move the pegs forward or back.

Use them on the original Fantic hangers but with only one of the washers. See the first photo.

Please note the Fantic hanger depth is also shorter than current modern pegs so you also have to cut (hacksaw) a bit off the inside of the peg.

I had mine like that for a number of years, but have now made a bolt on bracket to drop the pegs, so currently using both washers. See the second photo. 

Regards,

Peter.

Fantic 200 - Left Footpeg.JPG

S3 Hard Rock Footpegs.jpg

• Like 1