montesa cota twinshocks

50far

Sorry if I didn't make it clear can I put forks and tripletrees/yokes from a cota 200  1983 into a cota 247 frame about 1975

I have a 200 cota that has a trashed engine but I have 2 x cota 247 engines and a naked 247 frame

could I interchange some of the parts or should I try for another cota 200 engine even put in a Honda or Yamaha engine if I can get one to fit

any advice is welcome I would love to keep the 200 original but parts are getting harder and dearer to come by

Thanks

If you have a Cota 200 and a 247 frame you are in the perfect position to find your own answer about swapping front ends. I would suggest that you can compare the lengths of both steering tubes and look at how the steering stop from the 200 will work on the 247 frame. If the steering tubes are the same length then it is worth taking the triple clamps out of the 200 and comparing the internal diameters of the steering tubes.

Both bikes have leading axle fork bottoms so there probably wont be any issues with clearance between the fork tubes and the fuel tank.

If it was me I would much prefer to fit a more reliable motor in the 200. Honda motors are pretty tall. A TY175 motor would be about the right length and height.

• Thanks 1