Broken wires on the CDI box connector that sits on the stator harness. Gas Gas TXT Pro

thesaint

I am posting this in case any other here on the forum have the same problem 

I had 2 broken wires on the CDI connector on one of my bikes and off course the wires where broken almost down inside the CDI box connector (see the picture)

I was not able to find identical "connector pins" that sit on each wire inside the CDI box connector but i found "connector pins" that can be used to repair this problem

VAG or VW have the "connector pins" with the yellow wires and they can be used on the cdi box connector 

The picture below shows the CDI connector on my 2005 Gas Gas TXT Pro with 2 broken wires. The white wire with a blue stripe(see red arrow)goes to the coil

The black wire with a white stripe(see blue arrow) goes to ground on the coil bracket 

The picture at the bottom with the yellow wire shows the "connector pins" that you can buy at VW. They are a little pricey but the alternative is to buy a new stator with harness i think.. 

2 broken wires on the CDI connector on the stator harness. 2005 Gas Gas TXT Pro.jpg

Replace wire in the CDI box connector-stator harness. Pic 3.JPG

Edited by thesaint

There are no soldering needed after i replaced the wires. 

The new yellow wires with the "connector pins" on each end fit in the CDI box connector so you only have to pull out the 2 broken wires with  "pins" in the end that sit inside the CDI box connector and replace them with the yellow ones from VW

I have already replaced the broken wires. I pulled out the 2 "pins" that the 2 broken wires with the crimped on "pins" from the CDI box copnnector and replaced them with the new yellow wires fom VW

After i replaced the brooken wires in the CDI box connector i have now a even spark on the spark plug for every stroke of the kick starter (done by hand just to check the spark)

New yellow wire with the "pin" to the left and the old originak broken off wire with the "pin" to the right

Yellow wire with new pin from to the left. Original pin on the broken off wire for the CDI box connector. Pic 1.jpg

Edited by thesaint

The new yellow wires is much longer than the original white wire with a blue stripe and the black wire with a white stripe. The original wires wasonly about a 1,5 inch long so there was a lot of tension on these 2 wires 

So after you have put the CDI box on to the connector there will be no tension on the wires like it was on the  original white wire with a blue stripe and the black wire with a white stripe

The reason the white wire with a blue stripe and the black wire with a white stripe broke was because they was so short that when the CDI box was put on there was a lot of tension on the wires and if you are not careful they will break

And the previous owner of my bike was not careful so that is why they broke 

Edited by thesaint

The Gas Gas importer here in my country could not get hold of the pins that sit on the end of the wires that goes to the stator harness CDI box connector but i had to get the pins with wires at VW 

Thats not a big plus in my book for the Gas Gas importer