This is repaired. Pin on CDI box supposed to be bent? 2005 Gas Gas TXT Pro

thesaint

I was checking the spark on my 2005 Gas Gas TXT 125 Pro when i noticed that 2 wires on the connector for the CDI box on the stator harness was almost broken off.

The wires was only hanging by 1 single strand in the wire each so that explains that i did not have a spark at each stroke of the kick panel 

I replaced the 2 broken wires with new ones that have the "end pin" that goes down inside the stator harness connector for the CDI box 

But when i looked inside the "connector" on the CDI box i can see that one of the "pins" is bent so it goes to an empty place in the connector on the stator harness. See picture 1

If the bent "pin" was not bent it would go to the orange wire on the stator harness connector for the CDI box. See picture 2. This picture also shows the white wire with a blue stripe and a black wire with a white stripe that was broken off but this is repaired

The blue seal and orange end cap that usually sit inside the CDI box connector on the stator harness was not present on my bike. Someone have taken off the blue seal and end cap. See picture 3

That they have taken off the blue seal and orange end cap i think makes it  more easy to bend a "pin" when putting the CDI box and connector back together 

TrialsBreakersUK sent me a picture of a CDI box for a 2005 Gas Gas TXT 125 Pro and the CDI box they sent a picture of have only straight "pins". No bent pins.

Checking the number on TrialsBreakersUK I have the identical numbers except the last 4 letters and digits. The last 4 letters and digits on my CDI box ends with 4K08. On the CDI box from TrialsBreakersUK the 4 last letters and digits ends with 5D26

The bent "pin" and the last for letters and digits is the only difference of the CDI box on my bike and the picture of the CDi box from TrialsBreakersUK

Do any here know if the bent "pin" in the CDI box is supposed to be bent like it is, or do you think the "pin" have been bent by accident?

It must be more easy to bend the "pin" by mistace since the blue seal and orange end cap is missing and that makes room for more play so it is more easy to bend any of the "pins" on the stator harness

Hope any members here can help me out here 

Picture 1. Bent "pin inside the CDI box. Is this supposed to be like this or is it bent by accident?

Pic_1._The_pin_is_bent_forwards_in_the_CDI_box.jpg

Picture 2. The bent "pin" would connect to the orange wire if the "pin" was not bent. Now that the "pin" is bent it would sit in a empty slot next to the black wire with a red stripe in front

Pic 2. If the pin was not bent it would go to the orabge wire (marked with a arrow).JPG

Picture 3. The blue seal and orange end cap on the CDI box connector on the stator harness

Pic 3. The blue seal and orange end cap is not installed on my 2005 Gas Gas TXT 125 Pro.jpg

Edited by thesaint

Here is a picture showing where the bent "pin" sit in the connector now that it is bent.See the picture 4 below:

The picture have red arrows and text on it 

If the "pin" was straight like all other "pins" it would connect to the orange wire behind the empty slot in the connector

Pic 4. This is where the bent pin sits now when it is bent. 2005 Gas Gas TXT 125 Pro.JPG

Here is a picture of a CDI box i received from TrialsBreakersUK

No bent pins. But the "pins" in this box looks to be round while on the CDI box on my bike the "pins" are flat 

All the letters and digits is identical except the last 4 letters and digits  to the CDI box with the bent "pin" on my bike 

CDi box form TrialsBreakersUK. Pic 1.jpg

Edited by thesaint

Updated.

No reply are needed since i have straightened the pin that was bent. No way that the bike came like that from factory with a pin in the CDi box bent so it "hooks" up with the pin in front of it and goes to an empty slot in the CDI connector on the stator harness.

Now after i straighten the pin it goes to the orange wire on the CDI connector on the stator harness

Not easy to see which pin was bent on the CDI box

07_07_19._Repaired_pin_on_CDI_box._Pic_6.JPG

Edited by thesaint