Manx 2 Day Trial

ticket2ride

Evening all,

Anybody on here riding the Manx this weekend?

I'm riding it for the 1st time (below-average clubman rider!) - and don't really know what to expect!

The event coincided with a family campervan trip...and a rush of blood to the head later, I had an entry!

Any pointers or ideas on how to refuel, greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

• Like 1

Hi yes I'm doing it. Wouldn't miss it for the world. The best trial of the year.  Pointers...main thing, get your fuel organised. What number are you? Are you alone or with a mate? Take couple qiud in your rucksack for the lunch stop or refreshments. Agreed with b40rt, they only allow a 5 litre on the boat. Usual basics with carry some things you normally would, tools etc.. Sort your fuel now. see who's near you on the list. Camping at the rugby club or elsewhere?  Tom

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hanks said:

Hi yes I'm doing it. Wouldn't miss it for the world. The best trial of the year.  Pointers...main thing, get your fuel organised. What number are you? Are you alone or with a mate? Take couple qiud in your rucksack for the lunch stop or refreshments. Agreed with b40rt, they only allow a 5 litre on the boat. Usual basics with carry some things you normally would, tools etc.. Sort your fuel now. see who's near you on the list. Camping at the rugby club or elsewhere?  Tom

Thanks for the info Tom - appreciated! I'm rider no. 200 and don't have fuel sorted yet! I'm coming across with the family/in the camper - and my better half refuses to drive the camper, so looks like I quickly need a plan!! I've booked the Glenlough campsite and it now looks like there are some sections there on day 1, which is useful! Maybe I'll need to place some bottles of fuel around the island in strategic places! Cheers, Scott.

• Like 1

See you there. We'll have plenty of fuel on if you happen to see our driver about. Your way off our numbers though.. Do you have an extra tank on the front or a big tank? We have an extra tank on the forks. Extra 1 litre.  Tom