Sherco 2006 290 no spark

Franko01

Evening all,

just wonderd if a 05 stator will fit the 06 sherco 290? 

Got a no spark situation and after reading various hreads on here I have done some meter readings and think it could possibly be this. 

I have ordered a puller so should be able to see if it’s the woodrough key and eliminate that, however when I check the coil I get nothing. Is this also a common problem on these bikes?? ?

cheers 

4 hours ago, Franko01 said:

Evening all,

just wonderd if a 05 stator will fit the 06 sherco 290? 

Got a no spark situation and after reading various hreads on here I have done some meter readings and think it could possibly be this. 

I have ordered a puller so should be able to see if it’s the woodrough key and eliminate that, however when I check the coil I get nothing. Is this also a common problem on these bikes?? ?

cheers 

Yes I’m afraid the stators are fragile and its not just Sherco’s that suffer. Do a search on this sites Sherco area. You can get the stator rewound.

I would assume the rusty coil was the 1 at the bottom? That shouldn't be the cause & neither will the dirt at the bottom of the cases. By all means clean everything but I doubt that is your problem

Scroll down this link to the readings you should have from the stator, usually 1 of them is a long way out if there is a problem

https://www.splatshop.co.uk/stator-repair-exchange-new-style.html

• 3 weeks later...

Do just try changing the coil - much cheaper and worst is you end up with a spare coil.

I went through the whole stator fix rigmarole and it ended up being the coil. And make sure you get a genuine Leonelli replacement as the cheapo ones on eBay are a bit variable.

18 hours ago, v1nn1e said:

Do just try changing the coil - much cheaper and worst is you end up with a spare coil.

I went through the whole stator fix rigmarole and it ended up being the coil. And make sure you get a genuine Leonelli replacement as the cheapo ones on eBay are a bit variable.

Hi ?? 

it all works now! Turns out the stator was completely dead and the coil was very very weak. So I got the stator fixed and a new leonelli coil and now it works like a dream! ✊?????